This quick 2 round flower is now my favorite quick make. You can add the center in yarn (included in the pattern) or add a button. I think these would even look amazing with a printed and sealed picture. Like a little flower frame!
I did a few with the little crochet circle middle but I also did one with a button.
I also tied one to an elastic to make a pretty (almost Poppy looking) hair flower.
I tried to do a little better with pictures this week but I can really tell when I look at these that my digital previews are so much better than my photo ones. It’s a work in progress and I am learning so it’s all good.
Ok on to the actual pattern
Tools needed for this pattern
- Crochet hook – I used a 5mm but gauge isn’t critical for this pattern so use your favorite size.
- Worsted weight yarn (you can use whatever yarn you want to use but bulky yarn will result in a larger flower and thinner yarn will result in a smaller flower)
- Yarn needle
- Pin backs if your want to turn these into brooches
- Hair elastic if you want to turn them into hair ties
Skills needed for this pattern
- Magic Loop or chain 3
- Double crochet (DC)
- Half Double Crochet (HDC)
- Slip Stitch (SS)
- Make a magic loop or chain 3
- If you chained 3 then do 12 DC into the 3rd chain from your hook (the first CH you made)
- If you made a magic loop
- Draw up a loop
- Chain 2
- 12 DC into Magic Loop
- SS to first DC
- CH 2
- 5 DC into each DC around
- SS to first DC
- CH 1 and cut yarn
- Pull yarn tail through the CH you just made to lock your stitch in place
Center of Flower
- Do step 1 to step 4 from the main flower then skip to step 8 and 9
- Sew the flower center to the middle of the flower
- All I did was use my crochet hook to pull my yarn tails through the flower and then I tied them in the back
Congratulations! You made a super simple flower that you can use for so many different things.
Here are some more pictures just because it was fun taking them! Also I used my free printable tags from my post yesterday to display these flowers. I love the way they turned out.
Have a great day from Tracy K!