I wasn’t until I was cutting out the tags that I realized I should have written Rainbow Bracelet not Rainbows Bracelet! Oops! Another lesson in slowing down and thinking before I do things. Pay attention to the details Tracy 🙂
I really love quick and easy gifts that my kids can grab for any occasion and this one sure fits into that category. If you are an experienced crocheter they will probably take you 15 mins to crochet. If you are new to crochet it might take you a few extra minutes only because deciding where to crochet into the ss when you get to row three can be a bit confusing. Other than that these are really easy.
Skills needed for this pattern
- Chain Stitch – CH
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet – DC
- Slip Stitch – SS
- Sewing on a button
- Threading Beads onto yarn
Tools needed for this pattern
- Worsted Weight #4 yarn (any brand or color)
- 5 mm crochet hook
- Pony Beads
- Yarn Needle
- Matching Button
- Chose 6 Beads for your bracelet.
- String the Beads onto your yarn
- Push the Beads aside and crochet as usual
- CH 26+2
- DC into 3rd CH from hook (so skip the first two CH)
- DC into each CH across (26)
- CH 2 and turn
- SS into the first 10 stitches
- Bring your first bead up to the last SS
- Do a SS into the next stitch trapping the bead between the two SS
- Bring the next bead up and repeat steps 9&10 until all your beads are added
- SS into the last 10 stitches (26)
- CH 1 and turn
- DC into each stitch (26)
- CH 1
- Rotate the bracelet so you are working on the short side
- SC into the first space (there isn’t really a clear spot to tell you to crochet into when you crochet along the sides of a project. Just put the SC where you think it needs to be)
- CH 4
- Skip to the last space
- Again it’s really just where you want to place your stitch.
- SS back into your bracelet
- CH 1
- Cut your yarn and pull it through the CH 1 to secure it
- Sew your button onto the opposite side of the bracelet
- Yay! You did it!
I hope I did ok explaining how to add your beads to this project. If I didn’t and it’s not clear please leave me a comment and I will try to explain further.
Grumpy thought he should be in on the pictures. He always want to know what I am doing and sticks his head between me and whatever I’m working on all the time!
Have a great day from Tracy K. and remember Kindness Matters!